Coordinator, Health, Safety and Environment
Williston, VT (US)
The incumbent is accountable for planning, organizing and controlling the safety function of the plant to ensure that an effective Health, Safety and Environmental program is maintained and that appropriate measures are taken to comply with relevant legislation and related company safety policies and directives. He/she will be responsible for:
- Chairing the Joint Health and Safety committee and HSE Management Review
- Maintaining the ISO 14000 and OHSAS 18000 certifications
- Prepare for and coordinate Health, Safety and Environmental audits
- Maintain software programs associated with HSE such as Intelex and Maximo
- Provide assurance of compliance to OSHA standards
- Coordinate efforts pertaining to the plants Emergency Action Plan
- Coordinate efforts pertaining to Workplace Hazard assessments
- Any and all other duties relating to maintaining an environment that is healthy and safe for all workers and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Health, Safety and Environment field or the equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience, including 3 in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards and interpretations
- Knowledge of HSE Management systems such as OHSAS 1800, ISO 14001, etc.
- Knowledge of NFPA code
- General knowledge of machine guarding
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to interpret regulations and codes pertaining to HSE
- Good presentation skills, Ability to conduct Training and Information sessions.