Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionJob Description:
Reporting directly to the Manager, Health, Safety and Environment, the incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the health, safety and environment of one or more establishments of Velan. The Advisor ensures the administration of an effective HSE management system for the prevention of accidents and environmental issues and the implementation of the necessary measures to comply with the relevant laws and regulations, policies and guidelines of the company in the field of HSE.
More precisely, he/she will be responsible to:
- Advise the General Manager and the Health and Safety Committee on the HSE activities to be implemented in his plant.
- Coordinate various committees set up periodically to address HSE issues and ensure good communication between these committees, the plant management and the CSS (example: CNESST / CSSS intervention, electrical safety, shipping / receiving security, machine safety, etc.).
- Plan and attend internal audits and legal compliance assessments. Ensure that recommendations made following the audit are implemented within agreed deadlines.
- Coaching Supervisors / Foreman in their departmental meetings, conducting 6S inspections and providing HSE discussion elements; Participate daily in other meetings or according to the needs of the General Manager / Production Manager by escalating the HSE issues in order to find the most effective solutions.
- Supervise plants in the application of the means and prevention activities put in place: Investigation and analysis, PMU, WHMIS, TDG, risk analysis, site inspections, PPE, environmental permits, etc.
- Develop and / or participate in the development of HSE training content and provide training as needed or coordinate HSE training.
- Exchange and promote good HSE practices between all Velan websites (Sharepoint, Intelex, Maerix, SPI Lockout, etc.).
- Compile statistical data of accidental events, highlight trends and implement activities necessary to resolve issues; Assist the site in achieving HSE objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Relations or related field
- Certificate or DESS in health and safety of work
- Knowledge of HSE management system (example: OHSAS 18001 / ISO14001)
- Knowledge of HSE technical aspects (example: working at height, lifting and rigging, enclosed space, lockout, etc.)
- Knowledge of investigative investigation and analysis of a problematic situation
- Knowledge of SBS laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Design training content and HSE communications
- Lead HSE meetings and technical committees
- Excellent ability to work with inter-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills