Location(s)Granby, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionReporting to the Manager, Planning, the incumbent will contribute to the implementation of improvement projects within the planning function, including standardizing planning, inventory, and inventory management processes, and optimizing ERP system parameters. He/she will also conduct various analyses that will provide visibility into the performance of the function and the plant. He/she will also be responsible for production planning for a product line.
Executing improvement projects
• Conduct the plant's planning, inventory and supply chain analyses based on ERP reports;
• Lead improvement projects to support the planning process such as control and standardization of MRP parameters;
• Collaborate to key performance indicators (KPIs) development to measure progress;
• Participate in the implementation of an Advanded Scheduling System;
• Perform analysis of planning processes, mapping them and make improvement recommendations;
• Participate in the implementation of a production management program;
• Conducting analyses for plant management (budget, forecasts, costs, etc.);
• With the support of his supervisor, represent planning in crossfunctional projects;
• Consult peers regularly and actively participate in projects that will advance the company in general.
• Incorporate new customer orders into the production program based on customer requirements, hardware availability and capacity;
• Set up parts lists based on engineering drawings and customer requirements;
• Ensure the availability of equipment for the manufacturing process;
• Develop a forecasting plan based on historical information and future customer forecasts.
Requirements• Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or related field;
• 1-3 years of experience in production planning and inventory control in manufacturing;
• Mastery of the MS Office suite, in particular with Excel and VBA programming (advanced level);
• Demonstrated ease in ERP system management (advanced level);
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Spirit of continuous improvement;
• Advanced analytical skills;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Knowledge of French and English (written and spoken).