Application Engineer (SSBU)
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionReporting to the Quotation Supervisor and Quotation Manager SSBU, the Application Engineer has overall responsibility to provide applications engineering services to the Severe Service Business Unit (SSBU). The candidate will have to prepare and/or assist in the preparation of quotations in addition to ensure that sound engineering practices and procedures are implemented in the pre-order and order entry phases.
- Review, evaluate and clarify customer inquiries and technical specifications.
- Identify technical factors in customer inquiries that may affect cost, delivery and ability to conform.
- Identify commercial factors and risks in customer inquiries that may affect cost, delivery, and ability to conform.
- Select, size and price valves and actuators that conform to customers’ requirements.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain the information needed to provide comprehensive quotations.
- Review incoming orders for conformance to the quotation and resolve any differences to ensure smooth order entry.
- Prepare ordering documents at time of order entry.
- Provide general applications engineering and quotations support to internal and external clients, including follow-up assistance on quotations and orders.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Experience in inside sales or customer service in industrial products.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to respond well to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills in French and English (oral and written).
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Especially Excel).
- Member of the OIQ (asset).
- Experience with selection of mechanical equipment such as valves, automation, system controls, pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, pipes and fittings, etc. (asset).
- Some knowledge of valve selection and ASME codes (asset).
- Fluency in another language such as Spanish and Mandarin (asset).