Mechanical Designer Engineer
Location(s)Williston, VT (US)
Under the responsibility of the Manager, Design, the incumbent is responsible for designing industrial valves that optimizes quality and cost while respecting all customer technical specifications.
- Review customer design specifications and requirements for assigned work.
- Prepare designs, calculations, drawings, and parts lists for the construction of industrial valve assemblies and associated parts.
- Perform engineering analysis of designs and parts.
- Ensure that designs allow products and parts to be manufactured and maintained.
- Ensure that the designs meet the requirements of applicable codes, Velan engineering standards and requirements as well as basics of sound engineering practices.
- Complete assigned tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology, or the equivalent.
- Member of an engineer professional order is an asset.
- 1 to 5 years as an engineer.
- 1 to 3 year(s) in a similar position.
- Experience in an industrial equipment manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Fluency in English (speaking, listening, reading and writing).
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Good understanding of design engineering methods and processes.
- Good understanding of engineering stress calculations methods.
- Good understanding of machining and assembly methods and processes.
- Knowledge and experience using 3D solid modeling CAD systems (Pro/Engineer, Catia).
- Knowledge of design analytical software (ANSYS, Pro, MathCAD, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with valve and pressure vessel design standards and procedures, including ASME, API, ISO, MSS, BS, DIN, etc.