Sandblast Operator (night shift) – Temporary 9 months
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Velan is looking for a candidate to fill a Sandblast Operator position (night shift) at its Montreal plant.
Reporting to the Production Foreman in the Machine Shop Department, the incumbent will be responsible for the responsibilities inherent to sanding and finishing of parts such as deburring, grinding, scale removal, contour grinding and surface correction of all forgings or moulds as well as machined parts.
- Take care of the preparation of the parts in order to proceed to their sandblasting;
- Make finishing adjustments such as deburring or grinding;
- Ensure the inspection of parts and report any imperfections requiring major corrections;
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area, tools and sanding equipment in good condition;
- Act as an ambassador for safety in the workplace by complying with the measures in force at the plant;
- Perform all other related duties.
Qualifications and skills
- High School Diploma;
- Previous experience as Sandblast Operator of at least three (3) years;
- Must hold a forklift driver's license;
- Must be able to follow standard procedures, shop order and drawings.
Note: A practical or theoretical test could be required.