TE-150/300/600 metal-seated ball valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 1/2 - 6
(DN 15 - 150)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes 150 - 600
- Standard connections
- Threaded, Socket weld, Butt weld, Flanged
Features and benefits
The Velan top-entry metal-seated ball valve is one of the most universally used valves on the market today. As a standard design it is ideally suited for manual, automatic and throttling control for a wide range of applications for pressure up to 1,480 psig (102 bar) and temperatures up to 1,000°F (538°C) depending upon size, metallurgy and end connections.
● Permits in-line access for seat replacement.
● Can be welded into line without disassembly. Consult IOM for details.
● Full port reduces risk of clogging in slurries and solids applications.
● Body-cover joint not affected by pipe stresses.
● High sealing integrity of body-cover joint due to fully-enclosed spiral-wound stainless steel graphite gasket design.
● Solid CoCr alloy seats with large seating faces.
● Backup seal: Graphite to 1,000°F (538°C).
● Operation automatically wipes ball clean.
● Wall thickness complies with ASME B16.34.
● Stainless steel ball, hard chrome plated.
● Stainless steel blowout-proof stem.
● Low emission stem seal.
● Live-loaded two-piece flanged gland.
● Fully-guided stem reduces side thrust effect to eliminate wobbling.
● Heavy stainless handle for manual operation. Up to NPS 2 (DN 50) for regular port. (For automation contact Velan Engineering.)
● Oval handles and extension handles available.
● Tightness rates: Allowable leakage rate at full ΔP: ASME/FCI 70-2 Class V. Tighter shutoff available upon request.